The following statements were posted to the verified Twitter accounts of U.S. President Donald Trump, @realDonaldTrump and @POTUS.
The opinions expressed are his own. Reuters has not edited the statements or confirmed their accuracy.
– Republican Tax Cuts are looking very good. All are working hard. In the meantime, the Stock Market hit another record high! [0859 EST]
– As a candidate, I promised we would pass a massive tax cut for the everyday, working Americans. If you make your voices heard, this moment will be forever remembered as a great new beginning – the dawn of a brilliant American future shining with PATRIOTISM, PROSPERITY AND PRIDE! [1205 EST]
– Today, we gathered in the Roosevelt Room for one single reason: to CUT THE RED TAPE! For many decades, an ever-growing maze of regs, rules, and restrictions has cost our country trillions of dollars, millions of jobs, countless American factories, devastated entire industries. [1513 EST]
– When Americans are free to thrive, innovate, prosper, there is no challenge too great, no task too large, no goal beyond our reach. [1527 EST]
– In 1960, there were approximately 20,000 pages in the Code of Federal Regulations. Today there are over 185,000 pages, as seen in the Roosevelt Room. [1535 EST]
– “Manufacturing Optimism Rose to Another All-Time High in the Latest @ShopFloorNAM Outlook Survey” [1620 EST]
Compiled by Bengaluru bureau